CONTACT: Irene Burgoa
REGION: La Rioja
AOP/IGP: DOCa Rioja
ABOUT: Bodegas Castillo de Mendoza is a family winery, with 35 Has of vineyard organic certified, located in San Vicente de la Sonsierra, La Rioja Alta, and worldwidely known for the extraordinary quality of its wines as well as its old vine growing tradition. The winery produces around 100000 bottles of quality wines.
The establishment of Castillo de Mendoza winery dates back to 1994, when the Mendoza family, descendants of several generations of wine growers, decided to resume the family tradition and thus fulfill one of their dreams: opening their own winery. An old distillery of the 17th, century restored and fitted out for its new use, will receive the winery´s first years of life.
With the time, the eagerness to get the best quality for the elaboration and ageing of its wines makes the family build a new winery in the well known Paraje de San Juan, by an old windmill, at the foot of the medieval castle and surrounded by their own vineyards.
Equipped with the best and latest technology, the new winery, of 2800m2, combines modern facilities with an underground wine cellar dug in bare rock following the old tradition of this emblematic Riojan region.
STAND REPRESENTATIVE: Irene Burgoa
VOLUME HL: 900
ADDRESS: Paraje de San Juan s/n, San Vicente de la Sonsierra, La Rioja 26338 Spain
CERTIFICATION: Consejería de Agricultura de La Rioja
WINES PRESENTED AT EXPO:
- Noralba Blanco Fermentado en Barrica 2016 - 90%Viura/10%Malvasía
- Vitarán Tinto crianza 2014 - 12 months in oak - 100%Tempranillo
- Noralba Tinto crianza 2014 - 18 months in oak - 80%Tempranillo/20%Graciano
- Castillo de Mendoza Reserva 2010 - 24 months in oak - 100%Tempranillo
- Castillo de Mendoza Autor 2015 - 20 months in oak - 100%Tempranillo
- Evento reserva especial 2004 - More than 20 months in oak - 100%Tempranillo (91+ Parker Points)