CONTACT: DAVID MARTINEZ
REGION: Castillay Leon
AOP/IGP: AOP RIBERA DEL DUERO
ABOUT: Milénico is a small family-run, organic, artisan winery in the Spanish DO of Ribera del Duero.
Until 2012 the family used to sell all the grapes but since then the two brothers behind the project decided to bottle part of the production in very limited series under noninterventionist winemaking practices.
Our main features are :
• Created with the belief that wine is made in the vineyard and that minimal intervention helps to better express the wine´s original variety (Tempranillo-Tinto Fino), place and vintage.
• Wines come from only state-grown fruit, knowing that the only way to get the best fruit is to care for the vines and spending more time working in the vineyards than in the winery.
• A combination of old vines (50 to 100 years old) with others planted in the 1990´s, in poor and sandy soils that naturally limits yields.
• In steep south facing slopes on the banks of river Duero with a marked calcareous influence and natural ventilation at altitudes of 750 to 900 meters above sea level.
• No chemical fertilizers and no herbicides, vineyards are organically farmed and certified integrating recently biodynamic practices.
• Harvested by hand and going through two strict selection triages, first in the fields and then again in the winery.
• Wines are vinified in 2500-3000 liter vats, allowing the vinification of parcels separately and spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeasts.
• Wines are released at least 3-5 years after harvest, which provides added complexity and elegance, while having enough structure to allow for extra years of development.
• Annual production is 1.500 cases (18.000 bottles).
We will present our first 4 vintages: 2012, 2013, 2014 and a preview of 2015.
STAND REPRESENTATIVE: DAVID MARTINEZ
VOLUME HL: 140
ADDRESS: Bodega y Viñedos Milénico, Avenida de la Paz, 6 bis, SAN MARTIN DE RUBIALES, Burgos 09317 España
CERTIFICATION: Certified organic by CAECYL (Consejo de Agricultura Ecológica de Castilla y León)
WINES PRESENTED AT EXPO:
Milénico / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2012
Milénico / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2014
Valdepila / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2013
Valdepila / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2014
Dos Mundos / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2014
Dos Mundos / DO RIBERA DEL DUERO / 2015