CONTACT: Assís Suriol
AOP/IGP: AOP PENEDÈS AND CAVA
ABOUT: CELLERS DE CAN SURIOL DEL CASTELL S.L. is a familiar winery located near Barcelona and created in 1985 in order to offer high quality, traditional and organic Mediterranean wines and cava. We have always been engaged with sustainability, for which reason we use renewable energy, natural cork and local glass bottles.
SURIOL: traditional estate wines and vintage Cavas with limited productions elaborated by the Suriol family in order to transmit our love and commitment for the Mediterranean organic wine-making. We control every step of the wine, from the vine to the bottle, which helps us offer the most authentic and genuine wines possible.
There are 5 main pillars in our procedures:
1. Organic certified farming using biodynamic preparations and following the Mediterranean traditions about taking care of vines and making wine.
2. Exclusive usage of organic and traditional grapes (autochthonous varieties) from our state (30Ha).
3. Fermentations with autochthonous yeasts and bacteria to produce our wines.
4. Elaboration using stainless tanks but also keeping the traditional knowledge which includes underground concrete tanks and chestnut casks.
5. Commitment to never use any chemical products, with the only exception of SO2 during the bottling in order to ensure that the product will remain in perfect conditions when shipped to any place in the world.
STAND REPRESENTATIVE: Assís Suriol - Managing Director and Oenoleg
Francesc Suriol - President
VOLUME HL: 1500
ADDRESS: Can Suriol del Castell, Grabuac, Font-rubí, Barcelona 08736 Catalonia
CERTIFICATION: CCPAE (UE and USA standarts) UE certification and NOP certification.
WINES PRESENTED AT EXPO:
Cava Suriol Reserva Brut Nature 2015
Cava Suriol "el Bosc" 2015
White Wine Donzella 2016
White Wine Can Peritxo 2015
White Wine Els Bancals 2016
Red Wine Sang de Drac 2014
Red Wine Mataró 2016